TM-2030-RV-F Battery Monitor, 500-Amp Shunt and Cable Kit
A high quality battery monitor is recommended for any alternate energy installation. Expensive deep-cycle batteries last much longer when not discharged below 50% capacity. This kit will save you money by combining the required components to install your monitor.
The Bogart Engineering TriMetric battery monitor uses accurate current and voltage measurements to calculate and display state of battery charge providing the information required to adjust and maintain the system for optimum efficiency and life.
The monitor and shunt are very easy to install and set up.
The TM-2030 monitors battery systems used in remote homes, RVs or boats that store energy produced by solar, wind, or generator powered chargers. The monitor uses a precision shunt to measure current. The monitor is available in two models: the TM-2030-RV and the TM-2030-A. Both models function exactly the same; the difference is size and mounting style:
- by far the most popular model, the TM-2030-RV is suited to mounting on a wall - it comes with its own enclosure. The RV model enclosure is 4-1/4" high x 3" wide x 1-3/8" deep. It has 1/2" mounting tabs top and bottom.
- Metric size: 10.8 x 7.6 x 3.5 cm with 1.27 cm mounting tabs
- the TM-2030-A model mounts flush to a wall in an electrical double gang box - not supplied. It is a 4-1/4" x 4-3/4" panel with circuit board 1-1/8" deep.
- Metric size: 11.4 x 12.1 x 2.85 cm
The TM-2030 is designed to display the following:
- percent full of your battery, so you can see if you need to charge them more
- voltage of the batteries to check that they are being charged at the required voltage
- current going in or out of the battery so you can determine if charging sources are working properly and how much current your loads use
- days since the battery was fully charged
Bogart battery monitors will operate with battery systems from 12 to 48 volts and can monitor the voltage (only) of a second battery or the input voltage of a solar array if less than 100 volts.
The TM-2030 has a simple mode of operation suitable for most users, but can be configured for more flexibility and complexity where required.