TM-2030-RV-F Battery Monitor, 500 Amp Shunt and Cable Kit
A quality battery monitor is recommended for any alternate energy installation. Expensive deep-cycle batteries last much longer when not discharged below 50% capacity. This kit saves you money by combining the required components to install your monitor.
The Bogart Engineering TriMetric battery monitor and precision shunt uses accurate current and voltage measurements to calculate and display the state of battery charge providing the information required to adjust and maintain the system for optimum efficiency and life.
The monitor and shunt are very easy to install and set up.
The TM-2030 monitors battery systems used in remote homes, RVs or boats that store energy produced by solar, wind, or generator powered chargers. The monitor uses a precision shunt to measure current. It is is available in two models: the TM-2030-RV and the TM-2030-A.
Both models function exactly the same; the difference is size and mounting style:
- the TM-2030-RV model is suited to mounting on a wall - it comes with its own enclosure. The RV model enclosure is 4.25" high x 3.0" wide x 1.38" deep. It has 0.5" mounting tabs top and bottom.
- Metric size: 10.8 x 7.6 x 3.5 cm with 1.27 cm mounting tabs
- the TM-2030-A model mounts flush to a wall in an electrical double gang box - not supplied. It is a 4.25" x 4.75" panel with circuit board 1.13" (max) deep.
- Metric size: 11.4 x 12.1 x 2.85 cm
The TM-2030 is designed to monitor the following:
- percent full of your batteries, so you can see if you need to charge them more
- voltage of the batteries to check that they are being charged at the proper voltage
- current going in or out of your batteries so you can determine that your charging sources are working properly and how much current your loads use
- days since the batteries were fully charged so you do not wait too long before fully charging your batteries
Bogart battery monitors will operate with battery systems from 12 to 48 volts and can also monitor the voltage (only) of a second battery or the input voltage of a solar array if less than 100 volts.
The TM-2030 has a simple mode of operation suitable for most users, but can be configured for more flexibility and complexity where required.