TM-2030-RV-F Battery Monitor and 500 amp Shunt Kit
A quality battery monitor is recommended for any alternate energy installation. RV Manufacturers install simple voltage monitors in RVs and travel trailers. Unfortunately, "1/4, 1/2, or 3/4 full" does not provide enough information to understand your battery system. Expensive deep-cycle batteries last much longer when they do not discharge to less than 50% capacity.
The Bogart Engineering TriMetric Battery Monitor and Precision Shunt makes use of accurate current and voltage measurements to calculate and display the state of battery charge giving you the information you need to adjust and maintain your system for optimum efficiency and life.
The monitor and shunt are very easy to install and set up. Please contact us if you have any questions!
- monitors battery systems used in remote homes, RVs or boats that store energy produced by solar, wind, or generator powered chargers
- uses a precision shunt to measure current
- is available in two models: TM-2030-RV and TM-2030-A
- both models function exactly the same way; the difference is size and mounting style:
- the TM-2030-RV model is suited to mounting on a wall - it comes with its own enclosure. The RV model enclosure is 4-1/4" high x 3" wide x 1-3/8" deep. It has 1/2" mounting tabs top and bottom. (Metric: 10.8 x 7.6 x 3.5 cm.)
- the TM-2030-A model mounts flush to a wall in an electrical double gang box - not supplied. It is a 4-1/2" x 4-3/4" panel with circuit board 1-1/8" (max) deep. (Metric: 11.4 x 12.1 x 2.85 cm.)
- is designed to monitor the following:
- percent full of your batteries, so you can see if you need to charge them more
- voltage of the batteries to check that they are being charged at proper voltage.
- current going in or out of your batteries so you can determine that your charging sources are charging properly and how much current your loads use
- days since the batteries were fully charged so you do not wait too long before fully charging your batteries
Bogart battery monitors will operate with battery systems from 12V to 48V and can also monitor the voltage (only) of a second battery or the input voltage of a solar array if less than 100 volts.
The TM-2030 has a simple mode of operation suitable for most users, but can be configured for more flexibility and complexity where required.